People make fun of me for always carrying around my bag of tricks, but when they need something, they know they can count on me to have it. I'm considering whether it's worth giving my friends an urban survival kit. Here are some of the items I'd include:
- Leatherman Squirt is both useful and lightweight.
- Zip ties can be used for everything from organizing cables to reattaching car bumpers.
- Electrical Tape has a useful level of adhesiveness, is slightly stretchy, and can easily be detached from smooth surfaces.
- A USB stick is handy even though most file transfers happen wirelessly. You never know when an internet connection will be slow and files will take too large to upload.
- A space blanket will keep you warm when you lose your jacket.
- A small first aid kit to patch up minor injuries.